"File not saved!" ABViewer 15 Windows 10

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

JPCAD

"File not saved!" ABViewer 15 Windows 10

Post by JPCAD » 09 Jun 2022, 00:54

Hi guys, I'm trying to use ABViewer 15's Page to CAD command to convert specific pages of a PDF to DWG, but when I click "save" it loads for a bit, then says "FIle not saved!" and only gives me a blank .DWG file that can't be opened by AutoCAD. Anyone know why this is? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Additional Info:
I'm running ABViewer 15 x64 bit on Windows 10, I'm using AutoCAD LT 2021, and everything was working fine when I was using ABViewer in the trial edition, once I bought the Enterprise license and activated it the problems started. I also tried the other 2 methods of converting to PDF in ABViewer to no success. Import PDF left disastrous results with pictures everywhere out of place and PDF to DWG crashes my computer since the PDF is 47 pages, I'm on a gaming PC that's pretty powerful but it still crashes with PDF to DWG. :/

support

Re: "File not saved!" ABViewer 15 Windows 10

Post by support » 09 Jun 2022, 10:58

JPCAD wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 00:54
Hi guys, I'm trying to use ABViewer 15's Page to CAD command to convert specific pages of a PDF to DWG, but when I click "save" it loads for a bit, then says "FIle not saved!" and only gives me a blank .DWG file that can't be opened by AutoCAD. Anyone know why this is? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Additional Info:
I'm running ABViewer 15 x64 bit on Windows 10, I'm using AutoCAD LT 2021, and everything was working fine when I was using ABViewer in the trial edition, once I bought the Enterprise license and activated it the problems started. I also tried the other 2 methods of converting to PDF in ABViewer to no success. Import PDF left disastrous results with pictures everywhere out of place and PDF to DWG crashes my computer since the PDF is 47 pages, I'm on a gaming PC that's pretty powerful but it still crashes with PDF to DWG. :/
Hi,
Please, send me the file PDF you have problems converting with at support@cadsofttools.com or attach it here. Without examing the file it is hard to resolve the issue.
Also, please, send us a screenshot illustrating the issue and a build version of ABViewer 15.
Did I get it right and you want to convert not all the pages from this PDF, but only specific ones?

Catherine.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

JPCAD

Post by JPCAD » 15 Jun 2022, 23:11

Hi Catherine,
wanted to update this post with a fix I found,
ABViewer can convert to DWG fine when I import the specific, single page only instead of the entire 47 page PDF.
It seems to have trouble with bigger PDFS, I don't know if the problem is my computer or ABViewer itself. Just wanted to update.

Thank you.

support

Post by support » 16 Jun 2022, 08:26

JPCAD wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 23:11
Hi Catherine,
wanted to update this post with a fix I found,
ABViewer can convert to DWG fine when I import the specific, single page only instead of the entire 47 page PDF.
It seems to have trouble with bigger PDFS, I don't know if the problem is my computer or ABViewer itself. Just wanted to update.

Thank you.
Hi,
Well, ABViewer supports converting a multipage PDF, but it won't convert a specific page from a multipage PDF, it converts the whole file.
Could you send me your 47-page PDF file, so I could examine it? You can send it at support@cadsofttools.com.

Thank you,
Catherine.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support