Viewer hangs after empty plotfiles

Discuss and ask questions about CAD plugins for 3rd party software: IrfanView, XnView, Total Commander, Konvertor FM.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

Peter

Viewer hangs after empty plotfiles

Post by Peter » 11 Oct 2007, 10:50

I have some plotfiles which are absolutly empty (0 bytes). "Viewing" these files shows nothing - that is correct. But it causes problems because the viewer (in Ctrl-Q and in F3) keeps displaying nothing when I select plotfiles with contents.

I have to select a DWG that the viewer stops displaying "nothing". After selecting a DWG the viewer works fine and displays the contents of plotfiles again. Selecting an empty files starts the problems again.

Peter

support

Post by support » 11 Oct 2007, 18:47

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the info. We will consider this problem and inform you when it will be solved.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

Peter

Post by Peter » 11 Oct 2007, 21:37

To my mind you should improve the information of the user when a wrong file is selected and not displayed.

Wrong files are
- empty or
- have a wrong extension (PLT for a RPCS or Text or PDF or ..file)
- have other problems.

In this case there should be an information like "File is empty" - of course in the language file for translation. Now I can see only an empty display - and don't know why.

Peter

support

Post by support » 12 Oct 2007, 15:00

OK!

Thank you for the remarks.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

Peter

Re: Viewer hangs after empty plotfiles

Post by Peter » 24 Apr 2009, 17:17

Peter wrote:I have some plotfiles which are absolutly empty (0 bytes). "Viewing" these files shows nothing - that is correct. But it causes problems because the viewer (in Ctrl-Q and in F3) keeps displaying nothing when I select plotfiles with contents.

I have to select a DWG that the viewer stops displaying "nothing". After selecting a DWG the viewer works fine and displays the contents of plotfiles again. Selecting an empty files starts the problems again.

Peter
NOT really solved in Version 7.
If I click a correct file and then a wrong file - it will keep working.
But if I click a wrong file (empty plot) first - it "does not activate the viewer" and keep showing nothing (until switching to another file type.).

Peter

support

Re: Viewer hangs after empty plotfiles

Post by support » 27 Apr 2009, 09:22

This problem is not solved in version 7. The question is under proceeding.

Sergey.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support