Total Commander: Plugin-window hangs

Discuss and ask questions about CAD plugins for 3rd party software: IrfanView, XnView, Total Commander, Konvertor FM.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

Peter

Total Commander: Plugin-window hangs

Post by Peter » 14 Nov 2005, 23:00

Hello

sometimes it happens, that the CADview-Window, called by "Ctrl-Q" in TotalCommander, gets "independent" from TotalCommander. It stays on its place, and does not make any reaction on the "Ctrl-Q" or the F3 -Command.

The original window of TC will be set to its settings (i.e. "long"), but the Cadview-Window stays on top of the screen and covers the original window of TC. It seems that the windows hangs (like a "Phanton-picture"), and the only solution is to close Totalcommander.

Best regards

Peter

support

Post by support » 15 Nov 2005, 11:09

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your notes. It seems so that the matter is with the CAD file that is being shown by CADView plugin. We have tested it on the set of our test files but failed to repeat this hanging of the Total Commander.

Could you please send to us the file with which this problem occures. We'd test it and find the solution.

Sergey.

please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

Peter

Post by Peter » 15 Nov 2005, 14:44

Hello

to my mind that's not a problem of a specific drawing.

It only happens sometimes, and IMHO as a result of "quick commands": Start "Ctrl-Q" - click cursor up - click cursor down - zoom in the drawing - click up - change display with "Ctrl-F2" .... And sometimes that's the "point of no return".

Peter

Peter

Post by Peter » 11 Jul 2006, 21:51

Hello

I want to re-activate that topic. I have still that problem when ..

- I have activated "Ctrl-Q" to view some small text files.
- I click on a dwg and the plugin begins to work (the first start takes always some seconds to activate the programm and to show the dwg, also when the dwgs are only 50 kB small.
- when I enter "Ctrl-Q" to disable the plugin during this "starting-seconds", the problem occurs: the viewer stays as an own picture on its place. When I click on a txt-file and enter "Ctrl-Q" the txt is shown; when I enter "Ctrl-Q" again the txt-viewer disappears and the cad-viewer stays - although I have choosen a txt file.

The problem is the quick change of "Ctrl-Q".

Peter

support

Post by support » 12 Jul 2006, 16:48

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the useful notes and remarks. We'll consider them and implement in future versions of the plugin.

Sergey.

Peter

Post by Peter » 06 Sep 2006, 19:54

Hello

I'm still waiting for a solution (and probably some other users too) ...

Peter

support

Post by support » 08 Sep 2006, 19:55

Hello Peter!

The problem has been solved. Updated CADView is available on: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cadview.zip

Sergey.

Peter

Post by Peter » 08 Sep 2006, 20:59

I will test ...

Peter

Peter

Post by Peter » 06 Oct 2006, 18:40

Frustrating ......

Still the same thing - when I want to disable the View-Function with "Ctrl-Q" during the first 1 or 2 seconds while the viewer starts - it still happens that the viewer stays as a "viever window in the view panel". Then I can change the selected files - i.e. to a txt-file - the viewer of TC works and can be enabled/disabled; but the "CADview" hangs like a phantom-picture on TC.

Peter

support

Post by support » 13 Oct 2006, 16:31

Dear Peter,

If possible please send us your DWG file which makes so many troubles when using "Ctrl+Q". If you do something else except the steps described in your post on 11 Jul 2006, please explain your additional actions.

Sergey.

Peter

Post by Peter » 14 Oct 2006, 13:03

It is independent from the drawing (dxf, dwg2000, dwg2004, ..). it happens (often, not always - see above) when quitting the start-procedure with Ctrl-Q.

Peter